The Next Generation of Warehouse Management Revealed with our new API Service
Aug 11 2022
As many of you know, we are working hard behind the scenes on our next generation warehouse management system, which will go into the testing mode this fall and we will keep you informed of the release date as testing progresses.
We currently have six full time programmers dedicated to this project. Everyone here at NECS, Inc. is getting super excited as we see the progress.
Instead of “EWM version 2”, this next generation of our Electronic Warehouse Management software is being simply called “entrée WMS."
On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 1 PM EST, Chris Anatra and Tony Vlahos will be hosting a Zoom meeting to go over this new WMS software and answer your questions. All NECS, Inc. clients will be sent an email to register for this meeting.
We wanted to let you know that before we release our entree.WMS software, first we will be releasing something we call the “entrée WMS API Service” which you may want to utilize. Please have your IT consultant read this article to see if this might be a solution for your operations.
What is an API Service?
- API (Application Programming Interface) services are interfaces that provide a program with a description of how to interact with a system in order to retrieve and/or change the data within it
- It allows a third party software developer to retrieve and post data to your entrée documents and data safely and properly.
- You may want to start using our API (Application Programming Interface) Service now if you are working with a third party software developer and are looking for a reliable and safe way to update your entrée documents and data. This could include if you are bringing in a third party WMS (Warehouse Management System) or 3PL (Third Party Logistics) system.
- The developers of the WMS or 3PL can easily and safely integrate their system into entrée via our API Service.
- You can think of our API Service as the bridge between a third party application (such as a WMS or 3PL) and your entrée data
- NECS, Inc. is using this API Service for our next generation WMS solution
- An application such as a WMS runs on the handheld devices, which in turn communicates with the API Service which communicates directly with your entrée documents and data tables, creating the perfect symphony of data exchange
- The WMS API Service allows communications between the data in your entrée software and another application for invoice fulfillment and purchase order receiving.
- It utilizes a dedicated external fulfillment data table to safely post data from a third party software into entrée without fear of database corruption and the proper updating of inventory levels, invoice fulfillment and purchase order receiving.
- All data transactions are stored in the database for future reference. In addition to items, quantities and weights, the following scanned data is supported: Lot, Serial Number, Production Date, Sell by Date, Expiration Date, Vendor Number
- Invoices that are ready for picking and Purchase Orders selected for receiving, can be locked to prevent in-process editing
- This API Service will generally be installed on the entrée data server to prevent any latency that could be injected over the network.
- Label printing (ex: Receiving Labels, Shipping Labels, etc.) when "Bartender" software is installed.
- Physical Adjustments
- Cycle Counts
- Transfer / Transfer Out
- Receive by Item
- Receive by Kit
- Advanced Shipping Notices (ASN) for both Receiving and Shipping
- FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) Food Traceability Rules when they are finalized on November 7, 2022 by the FDA
As more and more of our clients wish to develop their own solutions or integrate another solution into entrée, we plan on continually adding more features. This could include support for customers, pricing, costing, accounts receivable, ecommerce, POS (Point of Sale), etc.
We feel our API Service will be the key to our continued growth into the future while giving you all the options you need to drive whatever growth strategy you have for your operation.
Please enquire with our Sales Department or your technical support contact if you have additional questions.